Thanks to our capable team of specialists, we can cover every aspect of your property maintenance needs, whether that’s for a single property or a full rental portfolio. We’re able to undertake electrical work, carpentry, plumbing, painting and decorating and more – and our responsive service means that we can solve your problems quickly and efficiently.
Our property maintenance services include
- All electrical works from repairs to rewiring
- All heating works from repairs to new installations
- All Plumbing works
- All Carpentry works
- All decoration and fabric repair works
- Full property refurbishment works
Our comprehensive reactive maintenance package is competitively priced, and we work hard to keep our clients updated and well-informed throughout the maintenance and repair cycle, whether the job is small or large. We can deal with everything from fitting kitchens to unblocking drains, and we work with our clients and their tenants to ensure our services exactly match your needs.
What is an EICR?
An electrical installation condition report (EICR) is an in-depth inspection of your property’s electrical systems and installation. The report assesses the competency of your electrics by three different categories:
- C1 – this indicates that danger exists and will need immediate attention.
- C2 – this indicates that there is the potential for danger and advises urgent attention.
- C3 – this indicates that the electrics pose no danger but still recommends the improvement of the electrical system.
How do I know if I need an EICR?
As of June 2020, all properties within the private rented sector require a satisfactory EICR which must be renewed every 5 years.
So, whether you’re a business owner, landlord or homeowner, it’s important you carry out regular checks on the condition of the electrics in your property.
How do I fix a door handle that keeps coming off?
You will need to determine how the handle was attached to the door. It will either be screwed to the face of the door or bolted through to the handle on the other side. Use a screw driver to refit or tighten the fixings on the door handle.
How do I know if I have a drain blockage?
Blockages will prevent waste and other matters from leaving your property and can cause severe issues and flooding.
You may have a blockage if:
- The toilet will not flush correctly
- Sink and bathwater drains slowly or not at all
- Your drains produce an unpleasant smell
When waste cannot be drained correctly, it can cause flooding around the home. Always be sure to flush away faecal matters and toilet paper, but don’t flush:
- Fat, oil or food
- Wet wipes, cotton buds and sanitary items
How do you clear a blocked drain?
You can clear a blocked drain by pouring hot water down the it, followed by drain unblocking solution. If this doesn’t work then one of our experienced professionals with the right equipment can be of help.
How much does it cost to install a new boiler?
The average new boiler cost is between £800-2,000 for only the materials involved. Labour costs for the installation can be up to £3,000.
How long does a boiler service take?
A boiler service on average will take between 1-1.5 hours. During this process the engineer will check various components on the boiler making sure they are clean and free from defects and, more importantly, check that they are safe.
What is the difference between a flat, high gloss, satin, and eggshell finish?
These terms indicate the sheen or gloss level, or degree of light reflectance, of the paint. Basically, these are terms that are used to describe paint’s shininess.
- Where to use: Kitchen and bathroom walls, kitchen cabinets, banisters and railings, trim, furniture, door jambs and window sills
- Features: More durable, stain-resistant and easier to wash. However, the higher the gloss, the more likely surface imperfections will be noticed.
- Where to use: Kitchen and bathroom walls, hallways, children’s rooms, playrooms, doors, woodwork and trim.
- Features: More stain-resistant and easier to clean than flat paints. Better than flat for high-traffic areas.
SATIN OR SILK (Range overlapping eggshell and semi-gloss)
- Where to use: Similar characteristics to semi-gloss and eggshell.
- Features: Similar characteristics to semi-gloss and eggshell.
- Where to use: Can be used in place of flat paints on wall surfaces especially in halls, bathrooms and playrooms. Can be used in place of semi-gloss paints on trim for a less shiny appearance.
- Features: Resists stains better than flat paint and gives a more lustrous appearance.
FLAT / MATTE
- What to use: For general use on walls and ceilings. Hides surface imperfections.
- Features: Stain removal can be difficult. Use for a uniform, non-reflecting appearance. Best suited for low-traffic areas.
Suddenly I have low water pressure, what do I do?
There are a number of reasons why your water pressure may be low, from frozen or corroded pipes, to a failed pressure regulator. Whatever the reason for your home’s low water pressure, our expert plumbers can get to the bottom of it and provide a solution.